Outdoor skate lessons for kids of all levels. Our classes involve small groups of 1-4 students with 1-2 instructors. Our team of skate instructors are all local skaters that are passionate about teaching kids how to skate.
Private lessons are taught 1 instructor per student. If you have a sibling or friend that wants to join a private lesson then we can also do 1 Instructor with 2 kids.
Aegir can provide a skateboard and elbow / wrist / knee pads for the initial lessons. If you need to borrow skate gear, please let us know in advance with your booking. Please bring a helmet (a bike or scooter helmet is ok) and face mask. We also sell kid's skateboards, helmets, and pads in the shop.
1) Our classes run weekly and we do not require parents to sign up for a 10 week or semester long commitment. We would prefer students attend each week but we also understand that may not be possible. Our multi-pack option is available to allow convenience and flexibility for parents. Upon purchase, please contact us regarding preferred lesson days and times.
2) Classes must be booked 12 hours in advance. Please don’t show up to a class without booking through us or the website.
3) Weather permitting, we will run the Dumbo classes at our favorite street spots in Dumbo or at nearby Golconda skate park (it’s a 10-15 minute walk or skate from the shop). Golconda is a great place for young kids to learn to skate.
4) Aegir skate instructors will wear face masks, carry hand sanitizer and we ask our students to do the same. We treat the safety of our instructors and students seriously.
5) All classes are drop off. Parents are also welcome to stay for the duration of the class if they prefer.