Aegir skate classes involve small groups of 1-4 students with 1-2 instructors. Our team of skate instructors are all local skaters that are passionate about teaching kids how to skate. Classes are$40 per student for a one hour group class and $95 for private lessons. The cost of a private lesson covers up to two students for focused instruction with one of our teachers.
We can provide a skateboard and elbow / wrist / knee pads for the initial lessons. If you need to borrow gear (we can't supply helmets), please let us know in advance with your booking. We also sell kid's skateboards, helmets, and pads in the shop. If you don't have a skateboard but wanna learn, we recommend you wait until after 1-2 lessons before buying a skateboard.
Private Lessons - the private lessons run for 60 minutes and are a sick choice for a complete beginner. We can run private lessons at Golconda Skate Park or in DUMBO. Just reach out and let us know when and where you want to skate.
1) Our classes run weekly and we do not require parents to sign up for a 10 week or semester long commitment. We would prefer students attend each week but we also understand that may not be possible. You can purchase a single, 5 or 10 pack of lessons.
2) Classes must be booked at least 12 hours in advance. Please don’t show up to a class without booking through the shop or the website.
3) If it rains or snows, then that sucks. For safety reasons we can't skate when it's raining or snowing. We will let you know in advance if we need to cancel a class due to poor weather. You can either request a refund or reschedule to another week.
4) Our skate instructors will wear masks and we ask our students to do the same. The classes are all outdoors but safety for our instructors and students is important to us.
5) You can fill out a waiver in person or at https://forms.gle/QbWdrRKeuYste8nY8. Please also make sure to provide us with information about your child in the notes of your order (name, experience level, and whether they have gear) so we can best prepare for their lesson.